These new series of Home Economics for Junior Secondary Schools, Books 1-3, are based on the new curriculum as developed by the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC), in line with the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and in compliance with the National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategies (NEEDS).
In keeping with the dictates of the curriculum, a thematic approval has been adopted in the preparation of the series, one that opens up the subject to the challenges of a global economy, while at the same time catering to the realistic of multi-ethnic society. After the broad theme of Home Economics and Society is examined in Books 1, four broad themes in varying depth dominate the rest of the series, namely, Grooming, Family Living, Clothing and Home Management.
In preparing the series, my experience as a serving college teacher came into play. The special training seminar where modalities for manuscript preparation were outlined, style of writing defined and the essence of focusing primarily on the Nigerian experience and background presented, came in quite handy.
More Courses by Insturctor
- Puberty and Adolescence Details Unlimited
- Sexuality Details Unlimited
- Sexually transmitted infections (STI’S) Details Unlimited
- Fundamental Human Rights and Rights of The Child Details Unlimited
- The Family Details Unlimited
- Family needs, Goals and Standard Details Unlimited
- Production of Clothing And Household Articles Crafts Details Unlimited
- Simple Sewing Tools and Equipment Details Unlimited
- Production Of Cleaning Agents Details Unlimited
- Production of Deodorants and Cosmetics Details Unlimited
- Care of The Family House Details Unlimited
- Entertainment In The Home Details Unlimited
- Personal Clothing Details Unlimited
- Food and Nutrients Details Unlimited
- Healthy Feeding And Eating Practices Details Unlimited