These new series of Home Economics for Junior Secondary Schools, Books 1-3, are based on the new curriculum as developed by the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC), in line with the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and in compliance with the National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategies (NEEDS).
In keeping with the dictates of the curriculum, a thematic approval has been adopted in the preparation of the series, one that opens up the subject to the challenges of a global economy, while at the same time catering to the realistic of multi-ethnic society. After the broad theme of Home Economics and Society is examined in Books 1, four broad themes in varying depth dominate the rest of the series, namely, Grooming, Family Living, Clothing and Home Management.
In preparing the series, my experience as a serving college teacher came into play. The special training seminar where modalities for manuscript preparation were outlined, style of writing defined and the essence of focusing primarily on the Nigerian experience and background presented, came in quite handy.
More Courses by Insturctor
- Resource and Decision Making Details Unlimited
- The Impact of Family Values on Lifestyles Details Unlimited
- Family Conflicts Details Unlimited
- Family Crisis Details Unlimited
- Care of Family Clothing and Household Linen Details Unlimited
- Basic Pattern Drafting Techniques and Fashion Designing Details Unlimited
- Basic Sewing Processes and Seam Finishes Details Unlimited
- Food Purchasing Processing Preservation and Safety Details Unlimited
- Food Nutrient Details Unlimited
- Food Preparation Methods Details Unlimited
- The Family House Details Unlimited
- Maintenance of the Family House Details Unlimited